UE4 Intro To Materials - Page 16
A Practical Master Material Part III
- Copy and paste a third material mesh in game:
- Lets imagine that this last instance was perfect but we wanted to use another one with a different hue. We can actually make an instance of an instance so that it preserves the previous settings. Right click on MI_Brick_Hewn_Stone and select Create Materail Instance.
- Call it
MI_Brick_Hewn_Stone_Beige. Assign this new instance to the new static mesh in the level.
- Go into the instance and change the Diffuse Color to something else:
- Now go to the game and assign this new instance to the static mesh. Voila, another stone the same type but different hue:
- Create a 4th copy of the static mesh in game and make a new Material Instance from the Base Master called
MI_Stone_Emissive. Assign it to the new mesh.
- Keep all the settings the same except add an Emissive Texture and use the Chevron we previously imported:
- Now go into the game and look at the different results from the same master material:
- That’s finally it for Room 10. Press Save All and update Github by committing and pushing all the changes made. Next up Animating rules for blends:
<- Previous Home